I think there are much better times to make life altering resolutions than when you’re in the hot seat that is New Year’s Eve. So I don’t do that anymore.
Instead I’d like to spend today marveling at the year that has passed with all the good, the bad, and even the ugly, that has come with it.
- I moved to Florida. Back, that is. Back to Florida. It’s been an interesting five months.
- I’ve been working at a school I actually like and am contemplating staying another year, despite the realization that teaching long term isn’t for me.
- I discovered my ability to run a 5K… which I will be doing in three months. Meaning I am able because I’ve started trying, not that I’ve finished a race. It’s cool anyway folks. Just go with it.
- I started dating a guy recently. He’s pretty great. I like him.
- Living with a little distance from my family has been good for me.
- I have a new (2nd) nephew. So living near my family has been good for me.
- I got to spend Christmas with my sisters for the first time in years. ❤
- I have made a handful of genuinely good friends this year.
- I got a new car in June or July or something…
- I blogged a lot. Less than the previous year I think, but I’m okay with that. Hopefully I’ll return to writing more in 2017 but I think how 2016 went was okay.
- I was more active and lead a healthier more balanced lifestyle this year than ever before, and that has probably done the most for me. That and returning to focus on my spiritual wellbeing.
A lot has happened in a year, just as it always does. And a lot will happen in the next. I think that the way we go into a year, the mindset and attitude we have, means everything and will be fairly indicative of the enjoyment and productivity of the time we are given. So I’m going into this year open to possibility, curious about the future, and ready to tackle the obstacles I know are coming. Good luck to you and yours my friends!