In the past year, blogging has become one of my favorite pastimes. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – it’s great to encounter the vast numbers of like-minded or like-interested people all around the world. I wouldn’t have even known there were so many great personalities out there if I had never started blogging and engaging people about the things that actually interest me. I’m so glad I started writing.
That said, I’m very glad that NaBloPoMo (national blog posting month) is four days from over. I’m horrible when it comes to a challenge – if I say I’ll do it, I do – even if I should stop. As much as I’ve enjoyed writing more frequently than I otherwise would have, forcing myself to write daily has led me to write much less thoughtfully than I ordinarily would. I just don’t have the energy or mental capacity to sit down and write something meaningful every day. That’s partly because I do the best I can to keep my blog a positive place, not only for others who may read it, but more importantly for myself. Some days, I just can’t write anything positive.
But, I’ve got four days to go, and go I shall. And since today is one of those days where I feel I can hardly string my nouns and verbs together, I’m just going to write what I’m thinking – I’m going to bulletpoint my thoughts.
- Why do we Americans always over-eat so drastically on Thanksgiving? It’s obscene.
- I’ve had my cellphone for three years now I believe, and kept it in perfect condition. Today I dropped it on the kitchen tile and of course its screen smashed to smithereens. Just my luck.
- Today is my sister Gabrielle’s last day of living in New Hampshire. At midnight she’s leaving for a friend’s wedding and then from there she’s moving on, to Long Island. I’m going to miss having her around.
- I need to take my car for an oil change.
- I hate working at 5am everyday. I even more hate getting out of bed at 4am every day.
- Tinder sucks. Tinder is intriguing. But mostly, Tinder sucks.
- The concept of “Black Friday” shopping is abhorrent to me.
- I like the word abhorrent, so I just typed it a second time.
- I need to go geocaching again before it snows. Anyone want to join me?
- I’m going to need to replace my phone or replace its screen. I don’t want to do either.
- I don’t like talking on the phone anyway. Maybe I should use this as an opportunity to become less materialistic.
- I watched the first episode of that new Netflix series – Jessica Jones. It was fairly decent. I’ve gotta see where it goes.
- Today was a pretty great day, all things considered. (I was four glasses of wine in before we started dinner 😉 )
- Now I’m going to float off to sleep very early (for me) and daydream about the future.
And here I’ll leave you to your night. Before I sleep I think I’m going to go take another look at the post I recently wrote about the many things I’m grateful for. It’s always good to be mindful of these things, even if today wasn’t Thanksgiving.