I’ve gotta say, I’m surprised and flattered to have been nominated for an award of any sort. That’s literally never happened to me before – I don’t do much that’s award worthy, not since grammar school. So here’s my thank you to Life Through My Eyes for the nomination!
These are the requirements for accepting the nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
Honestly the most difficult part of this is sharing 7 facts about myself that I haven’t already harped on about on this blog, but I’ll give it a try:
1. I have eight siblings, all of whom are shockingly intelligent and successful. I find their experiences and successes encouraging and am very, very proud of them. I’m still trying to get to their level.
2. Before this blog I’ve never really shared my writing with more than one or two close friends, even though I’ve been writing regularly for my own enjoyment since I was about 5.
3. If I could I would spend the rest of my life getting the broadest and most eclectic education possible, in all fields, from all over the world. That would be the ultimate life, as far as I’m concerned.
4. I do not like chocolate. Many people who I’ve known my whole life have still not come to grips with that. I think they’d find it easier to take if I said I was gay or secretly a drug mule.
5. I am struggling very much with finding two more things to say about myself.
6. I am allergic to cats. I haven’t always been, but long before that when my family owned multiple cats, I still didn’t like them. I will always be a dog person, and never a cat person.
7. I have a huge respect for people who don’t believe in the concept of ‘awkward silences’. That’s probably a weird thing to say in 7 things about myself, but really – if a simple silence is intrinsically awkward, then it’s yourself you’re uncomfortable with, not your companion.
So here comes the part where I nominate 5 blogs which I admire. I feel a little odd doing this as I don’t know who is and isn’t comfortable with such nominations, but bear with me. My nominees (in no particular order) are: Storytime With John, 2HelpfulGuys, Little Grey Box, Just a Small Town Girl, and Kate From the States.